fox newsAt Least 9 Companies Have Pulled O’Reilly Factor Ads Over Sexual Harassment ClaimsKatie Reilly2:54 PM ET
At least nine companies have pulled their ads from airing during The O'Reilly Factor amid accusations of sexual harassment against the Fox News show's host, Bill O'Reilly.
The New York Times reported Saturday that O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox, the parent company for Fox News, had paid a combined $13 million to five women to keep them from pursuing litigation or speaking out publicly about accusations of against him. In the wake of the report, Mercedes-Benz announced it would reassign advertisements that had been scheduled to air during O'Reilly's show. Other companies have quickly followed suit.
Fox News did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday, but 21st Century Fox told The Times that O'Reilly "denies the merits of these claims."
These are the companies that have said they are pulling their ads from the show so far:
"We had advertising running on The O’Reilly Factor (we run on most major cable news shows) and it has been reassigned in the midst of this controversy," a spokeswoman said in a statement. "While it's hard to tell what the facts are, the allegations are disturbing. Given the importance of women in every aspect of our business, we don’t feel this is a good environment in which to advertise our products right now."
Read more: National Organization for Women Calls for Bill O'Reilly to Be Fired Amid Harassment Claims
"Hyundai currently has no advertising running on The O’Reilly Factor," a company spokesperson said in a statement. "We had upcoming advertising spots on the show but are reallocating them due to the recent and disturbing allegations. As a company we seek to partner with companies and programming that share our values of inclusion and diversity. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation as we plan future advertising decision."
BMW of North America
“In light of the recent New York Times investigation, BMW of North America has suspended its advertising with 'The O’Reilly Factor,'" a BMW spokesman said in a statement reported by Reuters.
"Based on the recent allegations and our strong commitment to inclusion, respect and tolerance in the workplace, we have decided to pull Constant Contacts ads from The O’Reilly Factor," Lark-Marie Anton, a spokesperson for Constant Contact, said in a statement. She said it's possible the company's ads will still run Tuesday night because the cancellation might take 24 hours to take effect.
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
A spokesperson for the company said it pulled its ads from the show, citing "recent disturbing allegations."
"We have temporarily put a hold on spots running on The O'Reilly Factor while we assess this situation," the company said in a statement Tuesday to The New York Times.
“This morning we instructed our media buyer to reallocate our ad dollars to other shows. We will continue to closely monitor the situation but believe this is the right decision at this time," the CEO of the clothing company said in a statement reported by The Times.
Sanofi Consumer Healthcare
"The controversy around The O'Reilly Factor program and allegations made against Bill O'Reilly are matters that we take seriously and will continue to monitor," the company said in a statement reported by CNN. "We do not endorse the behavior or opinions of program hosts or the content. We have reallocated our current advertising originally scheduled during this program. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation as we plan future advertising decisions."
The insurance company confirmed to The Times that it had withdrawn ads from The O'Reilly Factor.